Sell Your Triangle Area Home Quickly For More Money
Selling your home in the Triangle area is no easy task. Before you list your home on the market, you need it to look its best so that it stands out among the thousands of listings available on the MLS. To do this, you will need to clean your home from top to bottom, effectively stage it for photographs, and rely on the experience of a trusted real estate expert. The result of all your hard work should be a quick and profitable home sale.
Gillooly & Associates Realty has years of experience working with homeowners to make the most of their investments. If you are planning to sell your home soon or are searching for resources, use our tips and tricks to help you prepare.
Find Out How Much Your Home is Worth
You have likely made significant improvements to your home since you purchased it. Do you know what it's worth today? We provide homeowners in the Triangle with a property analysis (also called a "comparative market analysis") to determine how much their homes are worth. Unlike quick, automatic estimate services, we consider recent sales in your neighborhood and recent improvements you've made when calculating your home's value.
Get Your Complimentary Home Evaluation
Market Value of
Please tell us a little about your property.
Where should we send your results?
How to Increase Your Home's Value
If you are like many homeowners in the Triangle area, you want to do as much as you can to make sure your home sells for top dollar. Here are a few resources you can use to increase your home's value.
- Pay attention to your home's exterior. Consider painting your front door or adding bright flowers to your front porch. Creating a focal point is one way to draw buyers' attention — and a way to increase your home's value.
- Replace hardware that is old, tarnished, or broken. Home buyers will pay attention to the smallest details, such as fingerprint smudges on your light switches. Make sure that everything from the door knobs to house numbers looks like new.
- Give your walls a fresh coat of paint. A fresh coat of paint will make your home look like new. When choosing paint colors, stick with neutral tones to appeal to all tastes.
Know the Real Estate Terminology
When you're researching home selling tips and real estate agents, you may come across terms that aren't familiar to you. What's a "buyer's agent"? What's a "seller's agent"? What is the difference between the two? Here are a few essential home selling terms to know.
- Seller's Agent: The agent you choose to represent you. You will "list" your property for sale with this agent's real estate firm.
- Buyer's Agent: An agent who represents the home buyer.
- Dual Agent: An agent who represents both you and the home buyer at the same time.
How to Avoid a Foreclosure
Unfortunately, financial hardships happen. If you are a homeowner facing a foreclosure, you have the option of avoiding it with a short sale. You may be able to negotiate a short sale with your lender if you currently owe more money than your property is currently worth. You can learn more about foreclosures and short sales here, and you can call us at 919.612.9885 to discuss your options.
Choose the Right Real Estate Agent
As a home seller, you will need to interview several real estate agents to determine which one will represent you. Since your home is likely your largest financial investment, you should not choose your representative without careful research. When choosing a real estate agent, ask about the agent's marketing strategies, testimonials from past clients, and recently sold properties.
Why Choose Gillooly & Associates Realty?
Gillooly & Associates Realty is a team of real estate experts serving the entire Triangle area. We go the extra mile for our clients. Our brokers are professional, accessible at all times, expert negotiators, and well-versed in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate sales. In every transaction, we put the needs of our clients first.
Our Recent Top-Dollar Home Sales
After You Close, It's Time to Move
Once you have sold your home, it's time to move. Many Triangle homeowners who have sold a home before know that moving can often be a stressful process. But we have the necessary tips to help you enjoy a smooth move. Organization is key. Here are a few tips to help you easily transition from your current home.
- Sell your unwanted household items. If you want to have extra cash on hand to cover moving costs, you can host a yard sale or garage sale. This will also help you get rid of items that you no longer want or need.
- Use bubble wrap to protect your fragile belongings. Glassware, electronics, and other fragile items can be damaged during the move. Cushion them with bubble wrap to prevent them from breaking.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes. Even a reinforced box can break if it's filled with too many heavy items.
Ready to Sell Your Home?
We can help you sell your home in the Triangle for the most money possible in the shortest amount of time. Our agents will help you determine what your home is worth, create an effective marketing strategy for your property, and provide you with resources to prepare your home for sale. Fill out this form to request to list your home, or contact us directly to get started.
This data was last updated on: 11/24/17 09:15 AM. A full data refresh was last performed on: 11/23/17 07:16 PM.