Why Work with a REALTOR®?
All of our commercial and residential real estate brokers have passed the North Carolina Real Estate Licensing Test and have a license to represent buyers and sellers for the sale or purchase of real estate throughout North Carolina. Our Brokers are licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and are properly called REALTORS®. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of one of our experienced brokers.
But if you're still not convinced of the value of a using one fo our brokers here at Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. here are a dozen more reasons:
1. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give us some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, we can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders -- banks and mortgage companies -- offer limited choices.
2. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by our brokers to find all available properties. We are know for knocking on doors to homes that are not listed for sale and asking the owners if they would be willing to sell their property so that we can meet the desired needs of our customers.
3. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. We have access to a variety of informational resources. We can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. We can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Gillooly & Associates Reatly, LLC. provides a variety of recomended third party companies to conduct due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. We can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home or business, Gillooly & Associates Reatly, LLC. can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Gillooly & Associates markets your property to other real estate brokers and the public. Often, we can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. We market your property to other real estate brokers and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate broker other than yours brings in the buyer. Our firm acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through the Triangle Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for brokers, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. We can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Gillooly & Associates Realty, LLC. can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. One of our experienced brokers will objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
DON'T WAIT CALL US NOW!
LET ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCE BROKERS GO TO WORK FOR YOU TODAY!