About the Triangle

Local Utility Companies, School Districts, and Service Providers

Moving to the Triangle is much simpler when you know which utility companies, school districts, and public services to contact after you buy a home. That's why we've made this helpful directory of municipalities and utilities' contact information. If you want to know more about buying a home in the Triangle, or if you have any questions at all about our area, please don't hesitate to call us at 919.612.9885.

Quick Links

kitchen with white appliances and cabinets

Utility Providers

Since the Triangle area encompasses large cities, small towns, and rural communities, utility providers can vary drastically by area. However, we have a full list of providers organized by area to help you during your relocation.


Duke Energy Progress — 800.452.2777

Wake Electric – 919.863.6300

Piedmont Electric — 877.999.3394

Oil and Natural Gas

Public Service of North Carolina (PSNC) — 1-877-776-2427

Energy United — 1‑800‑522‑3793

Guilford Gas — (336) 274-8449 (Greensboro location) or (336) 869-4454 (High Point location)

Holding Oil & Gas — (919) 556-3604

Little River Corporation — (919) 556-1111

McCracken Propane — (919) 556-5161

Cable, TV, and Phone Service

Century Link — 919-556-0080

Spectrum (Time Warner Cable) — 1-877-906-9121

Verizon — 1 (800) 922-0204

AT&T — 1 (800) 331-0500

Sprint — 866-866-7509

Windstream Communications — (800) 347-1991

doctor at a hospital

Emergency Contacts

Fire/Police/Ambulance — 911

Wake County Sheriff – 919-856-6900

North Carolina State Highway Patrol — (919) 733-7952 or *HP 

Hospitals and Healthcare

WakeMed — 919-350-8000

Rex Healthcare — 919-784-3100

UNC Health Care — 984-974-1000

DukeHealth — 919-551-3969

UNC Medical Center — 984-974-1000

Duke University Medical Center — 919-684-8111

Duke Regional Hospital —  919-470-4000

VA Regional Medical Center — 919-956-5541

Raleigh state capitol building

Local and State Government

Drivers License & Auto Registration: Department of Motor Vehicles — (919) 715-7000

Voter Registration: 

Animal Control & Pet License: 

person riding on a public bus


Regional Transit:

Local Transit: 

University Transit:

students on a university campus

Local Schools and Universities

Our Triangle schools guide has details about public school districts, private school options, and private and public colleges in Raleigh, Durham, and surrounding areas. 

person reading a newspaper

Newspapers and Publications

Regional Newspapers:

Local Newspapers:

College Publications

Have a Question About Our Area?

We're happy to help! Contact us and we can answer all of your questions. Just give us a call at 919.612.9885 or drop by our office in Downtown Cary.